It has been a while since I've last posted, but to make a long story short, I needed a bit of a hiatus.
Now I don't usually do New Year resolutions, but with this year I do have some goals in mind that are doable.
1. Finally take a research trip to Arkansas and Louisiana and try to find any record on what happened to Celia Autrey Sample (1859-1907). I believe I have a good circumstantial case that she is my great grandmother, but I'd still like to find one more good piece of evidence. Also, I'd like to find out about her death and where it occurred.
2. According to family stories Edward Vincent McFadden (1889-1977) had a wife before he married Mary A. Curley between 1940 and 1942. So far I have found nothing that indicates he had and earlier marriage.
3. I do plan to work more on my writing this year and hopefully will have something publishable at some point. I have notes, timelines and sketches written down but now want to put them together into an interesting narrative or case study.
4. I'm debating on attending the NGS conference in Florida this year. I plan on deciding within the next week or so. It would be helpful to network since I want to get out of my comfort zone and start taking clients.
5. I will also re-start my effort to become a certified genealogist. In a previous life I was not supported in this endeavor. But as Oswald Cobblepot once said to The Batman, "things change" so now I can tackle things I had put on the back burner.
6. I do plan to be more active with posts on here. It will be good practice for my writing.
I feel 2016 is going to be a very good year.