Sunday, February 21, 2021

Who is Adolph Zink?

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted something. It has been a heck of a year or so.  Anyway, I kind of fell down a rabbit hole this weekend so I thought I'd share it here.


It is a Saturday night so I'm staying in, avoiding people. Also, apparently there is a pandemic or something. So I'm relaxing by watching obscure, little seen silent movies from the late 1800s to the early 1900s. 

One of the films is called Adolph Zink (1903?) and is 11 minutes. It features a little person vaudeville performer going through several costume changes both as male and female characters. We never get to see his stage performance.

I've been trying to find out more about him, but so far no luck. There are a lot of Adolph Zinks and my next step is to separate them. This may turn out to be a bigger project than I first thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment