Friday, March 18, 2022

Photo Friday

Here is a picture of my grandmother Ruth Eileen McFadden Webb (1905-1985) with my mother and aunt from about 1940-1941. They are standing in front of Bittners Department Store in Sunbury Pennsylvania. Not sure who took the photo. It could have been her mother Elizabeth 'Lizzie' Christine Neuland McFadden (1866-1949). My grandfather Clyde Lee Webb (1898-1987) was a salesman and was often traveling.

Not sure who the boy photobombing the picture is. 


Here is an image from Google Maps of the same area from October 2021. 

 


Below is an image from the local newspaper probably close to the time they visited the location. Definitely need to visit when I take my road-trip to Pennsylvania and the area.

The Sunbury Daily Item, Sunbury, Pennsylvania. Wednesday, May 29, 1940. Second Page. 

 

According to the 1940 US Census, they were living with her mother Elizabeth in Baltimore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment