Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cool find at my parents house

Visiting my parents this weekend and made a neat discovery. 

A couple of weeks ago I posted this photo from my grandmother Webb's box of pictures.  I have no idea who he was or where or when this was taken.



Looking at some of the pictures my mother has placed around the house I noticed this one.


This is a picture of my grandmother Ruth McFadden.  This was in Pennsylvania, possibly Pittsburgh.  She was born in 1905 so I'm guessing this was taken in the late teens to early 1920's. 

My mother thinks the boy could possible be her younger brother, our uncle Jack, though it could also be a neighbor or friend.

While the mystery is not completely solved yet, it's cool that I seem a little closer, which is what makes genealogy fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment