Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Possible photo of great great grandmother

I came across a site that has this photo attached to the record for Dianacy "Dicy" WALLACE Autrey (1829-1925).  Dicy, I believe is the mother of Sealy "Celia" AUTREY Sample (1860-1907) but so far have been unable to verify their linkage, as described in previous posts. 

There is also a smaller head shot of this image on this site.  I did try to contact someone at the site but so far have not received a reply.  I would like more information on this picture such as when it was taken, who has the original, if it still exists and if there are others of her and her family. 

Playing with the image, adjusting tint, darkness etc. it does appear she is standing in front of a brick wall.  At the bottom by her left leg there is a round object but so far I have no clue what it could be. 
Finally, there is something about the way she is posed that makes me think this could be a post mortem photograph even though 1925 seems a little late since the practice had fallen off during the 20th century.

Another mystery to work on that hopefully does have an answer out there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment