Tuesday, July 31, 2018

A day in the life


I always enjoy seeing what my ancestors did during their daily lives. On December 21, 1932 my grandmother Ruth Eileen McFadden (1905-1985) and great grandmother Elizabeth Neuland McFadden (1866-1949) went to the movies and saw Fast Lane. I do enjoy Pre-Code films and may have to add this one to my collection. Who knows, I may even wait until December 21 and watch it 86 years later.


Ruth and Elizabeth (Lizzie) McFadden circa 1940

Dec 21, 1932 - Ruth and I went to the Stanley to see Bill Haines in Fast Life. When we came home Tom Tarriton was here with Christmas Presents. I don't know who Tom Tarriton was and why he was bringing presents. I'll need to look into him soon.


Stanley Theatre September 23, 1927

Stanley Theatre circa 1928

Stanley Theatre circa 1927

Evening star. (Washington, D.C.) 1854-1972, January 01, 1933

 LOEW'S FOX - "Fast Life."
LOEW'S Fox Theater is offering as its
 screen attraction William Haines in 
"Fast Life." with Madge Evans, Cliff
Edwards and Conrad Nagel. Belle
Baker headlines the vaudeville bill.
In "Fast Life" there are scenes of 
the boat races at Catalina Island and 
in the Los Angeles Harbor, which show
high-powered craft pounding over the 
waves at close to 100 miles per hour.
Cameras were mounted on speedboats 
to follow the racers. The picture is 
based on E. J. Rath's novel "Let's Go". 

Available on Amazon.com for $14.99 through the Warner Archive Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment