Sunday, December 26, 2010

Time to get serious

Now that the holidays are pretty much over, it is time to get cracking.  I have never been one for New Years resolutions, but this year I have decided to make a few.

1. Explore the world of genealogy in more detail.
     I do ok with the basics, finding census info in Ancestry.com and the like.  This year I plan on visiting
     other archives, libraries and county clerks offices.  I also want to participate in some conferences/
     conventions this year and complete the NGS home study course.

2. Get a laptop so I can take it with me when I visit a library, archive, conference etc.
     I am just trying to decide between an Apple or PC.  My first computer was an Apple and I loved it. 
     Since then I've had several PCs but think I'd like to make the switch back.  If Apple products weren't so
     expensive I'd of bought one by now.  I'll be ordering the NGS course this week, so I plan to decide on
     what to get before it arrives.

3.  Find the time to sit down and maintain this blog. 
     I really enjoy reading other blogs and would like to add something to the blogging community.

4.  Get out on my bicycle again.
     I haven't been on my bike very often the last couple of years and would like to make it a weekly thing
     once again.  Nothing clears my mind like a short 40-50 mile ride.  It also prevents me from having to go
     out and buy new larger pants.

All in all, I think these goals are very do-able, and now that I have written them down I am less inclined to blowing them off after a month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment