Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sounds – 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History

Week 9: Sounds.  Describe any sounds that take you back to your childhood. These could be familiar songs, jingles, children playing, or something entirely different.

The one TV theme song that instantly takes me back would have to be the Looney Tunes theme.  I remember getting home from elementary school and my mom would have a card table set up in front of the TV with popsicles, ice cream sandwiches and the like waiting for us.  When the tune played we'd bop along in our seats while eating our treats.  Eventually, the table disappeared and we'd end up sitting on the floor rocking out to the theme. 

Another sound I remember would be late at night trying to go to sleep and hearing a train way off in the distance.  It was far enough away not to be annoying and I enjoyed listening to the whistle and the clickity clack.  It usually was able to distract me from whatever was going into my mind and help me fall asleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment