Thursday, January 2, 2014

Treasure Chest Thursday-Chess Stand



I don't recall how I ended up with this chess stand but it has been with me for at least the last twenty years or so.

I remember this stand being in my grandparent's house (Clyde and Ruth Webb) either in the living room or perhaps her bedroom.  I don't ever recall seeing a chess set or other similar type game on it.  There may have been a plant on it at one time but I can't be sure and of the few pictures I have of the inside of my grandparent's house, the stand doesn't make an appearance.  I have no idea how old it is or where it came from, but I have always liked it.

My wife has a lot of board games and included among them was a glass chess set.  It took a long time but I managed to put the two together.  And now I have a major sense of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment