Thursday, November 14, 2019

Ireland Research Trip - Final Day in Dublin

This was our final day in Dublin. It was a free day to do whatever we wanted. So people went to the various repositories or did some sightseeing.

I began with the National Library of Ireland and finished up with the newspapers I had been going through. Came up empty but still enjoyed reading about what was going on in the 1840s.

After that I went to the National Musuem of Archaeolgy which is next to the library.  Could have stayed there all day.


I then had a late lunch and then went to Dublin Castle.




Then we had dinner at the Shelbourne Hotel on St. Stephen's Green with Irish genealogist John Grenham
Related image

The next day after breakfast, I checked out and then went to the bus stop to returned to the airport and pick up my rental car. The next part of my trip was to go north to the area where my great great grandparents were from,  Falcarragh, County Donegal.



No comments:

Post a Comment