Thursday, January 20, 2011

NGS-Home Study Course-Lesson 1

I just completed lesson 1 and it's on the way to be graded. This lesson was to create a pedigree chart and family group sheet with citations. I figured this assignment would be a breeze, but it turns out, the little genealogy I had done in the past was not done with any system in place.

I had small pieces of paper with little notes scribbled that I couldn't figure out what they meant. I had copies of pages from books that had no information about the source, and if it did, it had important items missing like page numbers, etc.

I did refer to Elizabeth Shown Mills’ book Evidence Explained: Citing History Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace, which made it much easier. Now I just have to sit back and wait. Oh, and start the next lesson.

2 comments: