Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I Learned Today

Today I learned that proper citations are our friends.  I found on Roots Web a nice transcription of a family Bible that includes one of my ancestors birthdays.  That with a couple of census records verify at least the month and the year. 

Unfortunately, no other information about the source was included other than it was the George Washington Webb & Elizabeth Gant family Bible.  I tried to email the original poster but since the message was from 1999 it was unsurprisingly returned.  I have contacted a few distant cousins who are also working on this line in hopes that they have a little more information on this source.

And I thought the  first assignment in the NGS Home Study Course would be a cinch.

Now I'm just repeating to myself, "cite your sources, cite your sources" until it sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment